Wednesday, March 27, 2013

On and off again

Well I am back. Wh space seems so much more appealing all of a sudden. Thank god for the new torp rework. Because the pull of WH space i can resist no longer- so that means the blog must continue.

Jumping back into the solo WH bomber has been fun so far. I dusted off my old fits, and hit the EFT lab for awhile to see if I could come up with something better. After a bit of time I came out with this shiny new piece of hardware:

[Purifier, Siren]
Domination Ballistic Control System
Domination Ballistic Control System
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner
Warp Disruptor II
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50

Prototype 'Arbalest' Torpedo Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Torpedo
Core Probe Launcher (offlined) Sisters Core scanner Probes
Prototype 'Arbalest' Torpedo Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Torpedo
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Prototype 'Arbalest' Torpedo Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Torpedo

Small Bay Loading Accelerator II
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Implants:
Genos Ca-1
Genos Ca-2
TD-605
Zor's custom navigation hyper-link
TN-905
RL-1005
(Strong Crash booster when I need it)

Cargo:

500CN Torps
100 Nanite Paste
20 Cap booster
5 Sisters core scanner probes

Heated DPS: 663 which is 100% applied to anything industrial / BC and UP. With crash on, i am doing close to 375 DPS vs MWD cruisers (going at full speed)

Cap: Stable
Tank: 100 DPS
Speed: 1K non heat, 1.2K heat
Sig: 37

With the new HML and missile changes in general, this purifier can flat out tank just about anything that can hit it. Warriors take awhile to chew through my tank, hobs have a hard time applying full damage- and thanks  tothe the AB and no MSE I am finding it easier to get under guns of BC's. Dat sig tank.

Things have been going well so far. I am happy to see that people inside of worm hole space are still having the same old habits of general laziness and forgetfulness. Things started out fairly quickly for me. Just 1 hour or so back in the cockpit of my new bomber, and I had already found myself a juicy target. It seems that an intrepid tengu was clearing a C3 site. I happened upon him in the most ideal way. I popped into his worm hole out of his D-scan, hit the system scanner, checked the locus on wormnav, D-scanned all before my initial cloak was gone off the session change from the low sec hole.

Noticing that I didn't have full D-scan coverage of the WH, I cloaked up and warped across- spamming D scan the entire time. That's when I found him. Upon seeing the wrecks, I quickly hit F10 Jumped into my system map, and began aligning myself with known sleeper sights for a 15 degree scan. 3min later I was 50K off the tengu a bit high off his 9 oclock.

He was finishing quickly, and soon enough he warped back to his pos. A few seconds later I notice that there is a Noctis on my d-scan, and smiling to myself prepare to get to work. The noctis lands on cue, and begins salvaging the wrecks. Once the last one was consumed by the gaping maw of the hungry industrial ship- I let loose all 573 DPS.

My CN torps snaked out of the tubes, and dropped him into low armor. Next shot was the end for him. (Luckily for him he had been on the ball enough to at least get his pod out)

See this is the thing I love about stealth bombers- inside of 10 seconds I had the noctis dead, looted and wreck destroyed. Its a beautiful thing. Sadly I can't say the same for the quality of loot I picked up.

http://shieldbattery.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=16950630

Ohh well, it was a low class hole. It will probably be a few days before I can descend down into C5-C6. I can't wait, because that is where the real money is at.

Stay tuned for more.

Fly dangerously!


No comments:

Post a Comment