Saturday, April 6, 2013

Grand Master NanoFiber

Today I have nothing to say about bombers. Instead, I was rummaging around in some of my video files looking at some older clips, of small gang fights. I came across something pretty fun. Now not many people know this, but other than bombers- the caracal navy issue / cerberus / caracal are some of my favorite ships.

Any member of EvE University reading this now, knows what my CNI did to your 'low sec fleets' while you guys attempted to kill off the pirates living in molden heath. But for those of you that don't know let me explain. Back before all of the HML and Drake nerfs, I found myself flying a ton of drakes. Now i loved the drake as much as the next guy- and found myself mostly flying the POODLA dual web drake when I was soloing. Now at the time the drake was a fine ship. But it lacked the agility  / speed I really needed and wanted while soloing. Caldari (and missile users in general) really didn't have a HAC. The drake was thought of as the pinnacle for missile platforms. Now this was in the days before the T1 cruiser buff, so the caracal was simply not usable. The cerberus is just too slow, and HML fit really didn't do anything better than the drake. So I thought that I was at a loss, and stuck flying the drake forever.

However one summers night, while sipping some absinthe- I came across something brilliant in my EFT lab. The caracal navy issue. Now many people dismissed this ship as a joke ship- but they were wrong.

CNI, Fire Walker

Heavy Missile launcher II
Heavy Missile launcher II
Heavy Missile launcher II
Heavy Missile launcher II
Heavy Missile launcher II
Heavy Missile launcher II

10MN Experimental Microwarp drive
Large Shield Extender II
Stasis Web II
Stasis Web II
Warp Disruptor II

Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Bay loading Accelerator II
Anti-EM Screen II
Anti- Thermal Screen II

Now to me- this fit had everything. 150K range with HMLs, Simmilar DPS to a drake, 2.3K+++ Speed- but the best part was this: Align time with MWD on was 3.9 seconds. Yes you are reading that correctly. This ship with an MWD on is more agile than most frigates, and is on par with interceptors. That coupled with the dual webs, made this ship the caldari HAC in my eyes. It shredded frigs, and could handle anything else.

I have killed talos, BC's, even vagabonds with this fit. It was simply astounding. I loved the performance, and the best part of all was- people underestimated this ship- big time. People thought that it was a joke ship, and at times would just throw themselves at me. But of course they didn't realize what this little thing could really go.

But enough talk- let me just show you :) Hope you enjoy. I am FC'ing this fight- but sadly I was not picked up on my audio capture. However my fleet mates responses you can clearly hear. Read the video description for more details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYElqXIuI28

No comments:

Post a Comment